In case of boot error you need to run system restore from command prompt on Windows. System restore point is a handy and useful feature of Windows. Which let you restore Windows to previous working condition.
But sometimes situation get worst when you are unable to boot the Windows 7/8/8.1/10 to run system restore point from safe mode. In such you need to create a recovery Drive for Windows or try to restore your Windows from Command prompt.
This tutorial includes a guide to run system restore from command prompt on Windows. When in case of virus or malware attack you are not even able to reach your boot screen and this makes it difficult to restore the Windows.
Run Windows System Restore to restore from Boot
- Restart the Windows and press F11 or F8 ,at the first boot screen right after you hear the beep
- This will open a recovery screen. Click on Troubleshoot
- Click on System Restore and choose the recovery point on the next screen.
- Choose an administrator account to continue
- Enter the password for the selected account
- Click Next
- Make sure “Choose a different restore point” option is selected and then click Next
- Select a restore point from the available list
- Click Next
- Click Next, and Confirm your restore point screen
- Click Yes to the warning message
- Wait for the restore software to continue.
- Your computer will restart after the restoration.
Once you log back in, go to your Desktop and see if the confirmation message appears: System Restore completed successfully.
If you are still not able to recover Windows Form Boot screen, Its time to run the Recovery from Command Prompt.
Run System Restore from command prompt.
- Restart your Computer
- Press F11 or F8 to enter Recovery Screen as explained in example above
- Click on Troubleshoots
- Select command prompt. This will open Command Prompt after starting the Windows in Safe mode
- Now type ‘rstrui.exe’ and click hit enter
- This Will run the default Restore point software
- Select the restore point as per your requirement
- Follow the instructions
Use this method to run system restore command prompt windows 10 also.