WhatsApp backup restore from google drive is used to restore all your chat and conversation in case of a new installation of WhatsApp. Situations come when you plan to switch your mobile or need to reset your mobile. Restoring old data on the new mobile is really a pain-in-butt task. Thanks to WhatsApp Google Drive backup feature. You don’t have to worry about restoring old WhatsApp messages. Actually, you can perform a WhatsApp backup restore from google drive to get all your conversation and media back in easy steps.
- Android users can create a WhatsApp backup on Cloud using Google Drive.
- Google drive allows the user to restore Whatsapp backup from Google Drive over the internet.
But, before you can restore your WhatsApp chat from Google drive, you need to configure WhatsApp manually to make a backup copy of your WhatsApp chat on Google Drive.
In this article, we shall learn to enable Whatsapp backup on Google Drive and how to perform a WhatsApp backup restore from google drive.
This backup can be helpful if you reset your phone or you need to restore delete WhatsApp message.
Configure Whatsapp to create backup on Google Drive
By default, WhatsApp creates a local backup of all your chat and conversation locally. Every night Whatsapp creates a local backup of your chat on your Phone memory on Android and iOS.
But, if you want to create a cloud backup of all your WhatsApp data and chat, you need to configure it manually.
To configure WhatsApp backup restore from google drive
- Open Whatsapp and go to setting
- Tap on Chat and go to Chat backup
If you have never set up a WhatsApp backup restore for google drive. Do the following settings:
Backup to Google Drive: Tap this to configure the frequency of auto backup you chat to Google Drive. You can choose the frequency of backup from the list Monthly, weekly, daily or when you manually want to take the backup.
- Google Account: In order to backup your Whatsapp Chat to Google Drive on Android you need to select the Google account, where you want WhatsApp to create the backup, You can tap on the button and select your existing Google Account.
- Back up Over: This option allows you to select the mode of data you want to use while backing up your WhatsApp Chatt to Google Drive. You can select whether you want to create the backup over mobile data or Wi-fi connection. This can be helpful if you are not on an unlimited mobile data plan.
- Include Videos: Enable this if you want your WhatsApp videos to be included in Google Drive backup.
Finally, you are ready to take crate a WhatsApp backup restore from google drive. You can use this backup to restore your chat including images and videos.