How To Lock Aadhar Card to Protect Your Privacy: Aadhar Card, an important and a confidential property of every Indian citizen. Your Aadar card is your Social Security Number which contains all you data including you personal details, Bank Account details, your Gas income tax information and your mobile number as well. Aadhar number, if compromised, can put the holder in real peril. In most of the cases it may cause a real damage. In Such it is most important to Lock your Aadhar. Once you have locked your Aadar, it makes it completely useless until your bio-metric(Finger Print) is used as the time if accessing the data linked to your Aadhar. So, if you want to save yourself from being the victim of data theft, make sure to lock you Aadhar Bio-metric Now.
Here’s how you can lock/unlock Aadhaar details online
- Step 1. Visit UIDAI’s online portal and select the “Lock/Unlock Bio metrics” from the Aadhaar Services section.
- Step 2. Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number and the security code and click on the ‘Send OTP‘ option.
- Step 3. An OTP will be sent to your mobile number registered with Aadhaar.
- Step 4. Enter the OTP sent to your mobile number and click on the ‘Login‘ button.
- Step 5. Your bio-metrics will now be locked when you enter the 4 digit security code displayed on the screen and click on the “ Enable” button.
Here’s how you can unlock your Bio-metrics
- Step 1. In order to unlock the bio-metrics, click on the “Login” button.
- Step 2. Enter your Aadhaar number and the security code in the space provided.
- Step 3. Click on the “Send OTP” button to receive one-time password on your mobile.
- Step 4. The OTP will be sent to the mobile number registered with Aadhaar.
- Step 5. Enter this OTP in the space provided and click on the “Login” button.
- Step 6. Enter the security code and click on the “Unlock” button and your bio-metrics will be unlocked temporarily for 10 minutes.