By default, Chrome has no other option to Change Chrome Download Location on Android. But, you can still make it happen by making an advanced tweak in Google Chrome on Android to change the default download location. Google Chrome stores all the downloads on local storage by default. You can still change the default location of Chrome on Android using Flag.
Google Chrome is the most popular and favorite internet browser. Easy to use and a decent speed makes it the most downloaded and used browser on Windows,MAC, iOS, and Android. But, we are here to discuss the Android version of Google Chrome. In fact, we are here to know to change the chrome download location on Android.
Change Chrome Download Location on Android
As we have already discussed above, there is no default option to download location on the Android device. So, in order to change Chrome download location in android, we need to first enable download location change by tweaking Chrome flag. Changing the default download location on Android chrome is performed in two steps.
You can also Change Chrome Download Location on Windows. But in this article, we shall learn to change the download location in chrome android mobile.
Enable download location change.
Change default download location.
Enable download location change on Android Chrome.
Follow the step below to enable download location change on Android Chrome.
- open Google Chrome on Android.
- Type following lines in address bar and press Enter.
- Now click on Default option to open Drop-down menu.
- Tap on Enable to enable setting to change default download location
- Click on Relaunch Now when asked.
Congratulations!! you have successfully enabled download location change. Now the next step will explain to change Android Chrome default download location to SD Card.
change Android Chrome default download location.
This method included the steps to change the default download location for Chrome to external SD card. Follow the steps below
- Open Google Chrome on Android.
- Tap on three vertical dots in the upper right corner.
- Tap on Downloads from in drop-down menu. This will open a download page where you can see a list of all your downloads on Chrome.
- Touch on setting Gear on top upper corner to open download setting.
- Tap on download location.
- Now select the location where you want Android Chrome to keep downloaded files.
Remember, this option is available only if you are having an SD Card inserted on your phone.
Video Guide to Change Chrome Download Location on Android:
IMPORTANT NOTE: Be sure you start with a blank SD card. When the card is converted to “Internal” storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded (making the card’s data only readable by that device), so anything on it prior would be gone.