Hide Android App Icon without Root
If you are in the group of people who fell panic while handing their phone over to another person and wish to hide the Android app icon of a certain application from home screen or phone then this article is for you. Prior we have discussed how to change your Android app icon to hide the default icon.
But this tutorial is going explain how hide any Android app icon from phone entirely from your mobile home screen and menu. There are several apps available on Playstore including the App hider calculator which lets you hide the Android app icon completely from the device.
Hide default App in Android using setting
Nowadays Android app hider without root comes with pre-installed apps which are sometimes annoying and you wish somehow to uninstall and hide the app completely. If you are using stock Android or Xiaomi MIUI you can follow these steps to hide the app using settings.
This trick works for any Android device including, Samsung, Xiaomi etc.
Steps to hide Default app on Android
This step included the stock option to hide the default app from Android.
- Goto settings and navigate to apps.
- Select any pre-installed app you wish to hide.
- Click on “Disable App” option to hide Android app icon
Sadly this method is no longer available for the latest Android phone but you can still use some 3rd party app to hide Android app icon without rooting you phone.
Hide apps on Android Using app hider without root
There are several apps available on Play Store which allows you to hide the Android app without rooting. We have shortlisted some of them.
2 Hide Apps: Hide Android App Icon
2 Hide apps are one of the best apps to hide Android apps, available to download for free on the Playstore. This app allows you to completely hide Android apps from home screen or menu on your Android. Follow the steps to hide the app on your Android.
- Download and Install 2 Hide apps from Playstore.
- Open the app and head to the Hide-able apps tab.
- Tap on any or all apps you wish to hide.
Hide Android App Icon Using an App Locker
This is my favorite and best app to hide Android apps without root. App Locker lets you completely hide Android apps on your Android. This method may require an advanced level of Android knowledge. And I know my readers are quite smart.
This method includes an Android app called App locker. This app is completely free and available to download on PlayStore. AppLock is an app hider without root that can hide pictures and videos. Hidden pictures and videos have vanished from Gallery and only visible in the photo and video vault. Protect private memories easily. No pin, no way.
AppLock has a random keyboard and invisible pattern lock. No more worry people may peep the pin or pattern. Safer!
Direct Link to Send Whatsapp Message to Unsaved Number
Install Chrome Extension on Android and iOS
completely hide Android apps using AppLocker
- Download and Install App locker from Playstore. You need to make a few setting when using the app for the first time.
- Open the app and set the pattern you want to use.
- Enter the Security Email which will be used, in case you forget your pattern.
- You will find yourself on the Privacy tab, where you will see Advanced options and Switch Lock settings. If you scroll down a little further you can select General apps.
- Here select the app you want to hide.
- How To Transfer Files From Android To PC Wireless Easy Method
- Download YouTube Video and Mp3 Android
- How to Download WhatsApp Status Without any 3rd Party App[working]
- 10 Whatsapp tips to make you chat expert
There are other several methods which include using Launchers to hide the Android icon which I don’t recommend. What is the method you use to hide your Android app??
For Latest How-to-Guide, Windows Tweaks, Latest Smartphone Updates, Tech-News, Entertainment, WhatApp Tricks, Facebook Updates, Follow Somnio360 on Twitter and Like the Page on Facebook.