Export Chrome password to PC | save Google chrome password on your laptop/PC locally.
Since the launch of Google Chrome, internet surfing has become easy and less annoying. Remember back then before Chrome was introduced to the world, there were Safari, Netscape, and a few of them.
And of course, how can you forget the most legend and dedicated explore to kill your time, ladies and gentlemen I proudly name here Internet Explorer, the million-dollar, one and only.
In this article we will be discussing:
- Saving your Login ID and password on chrome.
- How to view saved passwords in chrome.
- sync your Login ID and password on chrome online.
- Export chrome passwords to PC
Surfing in a Dial-up connection could be less frustrating if Chrome was introduced then. Anyways, coming back to the topic. Google chrome has way more surprises for you beneath its hood.
This article will reveal one of them. If you have any queries and questions, just feel free to discuss in the comment section below. Meanwhile, if you find this article helpful, please let us know.
We all use Google chrome for browsing the web, ok, let me correct before, the Apple user get offended, let say, most of us use Google Chrome for surfing and browsing web.
Saving you Login ID and password on chrome
While surfing we get an autosave option for username and password. This is quite helpful especially you use several portals required to login. Here you can do two things, either you can keep the same ID and password for all browsers or you got to be quite sharp to remember all the Login ID used to register the website and the concerned password.
Now if you put the same ID and password for all websites, and if you are ever hacked, all web login data will be compromised, as the hacker has your ID and password you have used to register on all websites.
- How To Stop Pop-Up Ads on Websites | Chrome | Firefox
- How To Run Banned Website At Your Work [Solved]
- Recover Deleted Chrome History on Windows and MAC[Solved]
- Backup Export and Restore Chrome History and Cookies
- Chromium vs Chrome Browser, Which one is Better?]
- Install Chrome Extension on Android and iOS
How to view saved password in chrome
Here comes Google chrome for the rescue. If you are using your computer or Laptop( or MAC, the Apple users, sorry again for not maintaining). Google prompts users if they want to save the login details for the respective website you just logged in to. Next time when you open the same website, Chrome will auto-fill the ID and password section.
With time you get used to it, you just completely rely on chrome autofill and don’t even bother to remember the login credentials for the website. You can view the saved passwords in chrome, by clicking three dots on the chrome browser in the right upper corner now click Settings. Scroll down and find Show advanced settings again scroll down and find manage saved passwords. see the image below.
But here comes the trouble. Now Imagine this, your Chrome crashes completely, which happens rarely, but here I assume it to be crashed and you need to install a fresh copy of Google chrome.
Now if you install your fresh copy of Google Chrome, all the passwords and ID saved to your Google Chrome will be gone. Here is a screenshot of my Google chrome passwords and ID saved till now.
sync your Login ID and password on chrome online
Now, I cannot effort loosing these saved passwords with different websites ever. so what to do? Is there any way to save these passwords and login credentials?? so that if I reinstall chrome, I can get them back? One easy way to save your passwords and IDs you have ever saved is syncing your password with Google.
You may sync your passwords with chrome by logging in to chrome using your Gmail account to backup your chrome data. To sync your Login ID and password on chrome online goto settings >> sign in and all your bookmarks and password will be saved to your Gmail account.
Once synced, all your passwords with concerned websites will be saved to Google. You can access all your saved passwords by visiting https://passwords.google.com. If you reinstall your chrome just re-sign in and sync. All your passwords will be synced back to chrome.
Export chrome passwords to PC
But when it comes to securities, I don’t even trust Google, rather I would love to save all my passwords and login credentials to my local PC. Here is the pro trick; In this trick, I will teach you to Export chrome passwords to PC, so that your data stays safe with you only.
follow these steps to Export chrome passwords to PC and save them as an excel sheet.
- Open a new tab.
- Type chrome://flags and hit enter
- Now the page as shown below will open
- Press ctrl+f and find for ‘password-import-export or
- Simply Copy paste the lines below
- Now enable it by selecting ‘enable‘ in drop-down menu.
- Goto to ‘manager password‘ as explained in the article above.( by browsing settings>show advanced options>manage password.)Here you will notice the export and import buttons at the bottom of password window.
- Click ‘export‘ and browse to the location on your computer, where you want to save the passwords and name the file.
- An excel sheet will be saved to the location defined.
- You might add saved password by importing file into the password section of chrome.
Visit How-to Guide to learn more.