By default chrome keeps all your downloads in default location which is c:\user\downloads. You can see downloads in chrome by typing the special directory code “%userprofile%/downloads” in run dialogue box. However you can change chrome download location to any other folder.
This article explain to change your default save location to any location for Windows and Android.
If you are using Chrome Browser to surf the internet and download files and want to change the chrome download location for Android and Windows, stick to the article.
Change Download Location in Chrome on Windows
By default Chrome saves your all downloads files in pre-defined folder in C drive or Windows default installation partition on your Hard-Drive. You can access chrome download files by pressing ctrl+J on chrome.
This will display the list of all downloads in chrome you can browse or open the file by simply clicking the respective link. If you are not happy with this default location, you can change it to any other location.
Follow the steps below to change chrome download location on Windows.
- Open Google chrome setting by clicking three vertical dots on top right corner. Or simply type Chrome://settings on address bar and press Enter.
- Scroll down on the setting page and click on Advanced.
- Scroll down, to Downloads tab. Click on Change.
- Browse to change the default chrome download location to a new location.
- You can also set Chrome to ask for location every time you download a file by toggling on “Ask where to save each file before downloading”. This will allow you to select different download location each times you download a file.
Video Guide to Change Chrome Download Location on Windows:
This was a short discussion about changing your default save location on Chrome Android.
Change Download Location in Chrome on Android
Similar to Windows, Goggle Chrome on Android save the downloads files under predefined folder. This folder is located at “storage/emulated/0/Downloads” on Android device. You can also access the Chrome download files on Android by following the steps below:
How to See downloads in chrome android:
- Open Chrome Browser on your Android.
- Click on three vertical dots and tap on Downloads on Drop-down menu.
- Here you will find the list of your downloaded files on Chrome Android. In addition it will also see the process of on going download.
Sadly there is no default option to change download location for Chrome on Android but you can surely Change download location in chrome on Android by tweaking the Chrome browser on Android.
You can follow this link to know How to change chrome download location Android.
Chrome for Android comes with only feature to ask for location every time you download the file on Chrome Android. Enabling this will allow you to set a different location every time you attempt a download on Chrome.
How to enable Ask where to save files
- Go to Android Chrome Setting by tapping on three vertical line on upper right corner of Chrome.
- Tap on downloads.
- Here tap on setting gear on the top of Download page.
- Toggle “Ask Where to save files” on.
This will ask you for save location every time you attempt to download a file on Chrome Android. Now every time you attempt to download a file on Android Chrome it will ask you a save location.
This was a quick tutorial about how to Change Chrome Download Location on Windows and Android. Hope you like this article.
How To Transfer Files From Android To PC Wireless Easy Method
Change Your Android App Icon to Hide Default Icon
How to Download WhatsApp Status Without any 3rd Party App[working]
Install Chrome Extension on Android and iOS
For Latest How-to-Guide, Windows Tweaks, Latest Smartphone Updates, Tech-News, Entertainment, WhatApp Tricks, Facebook Updates, Follow Somnio360 on Twitter and Like the Page on Facebook.