Have you ever felt a urge to backup Gmail data and contacts on local computer? You can’t ignore the importance of Gmail account on your daily life. After the release of Android, the importance of a Gmail account has increased.
We use Gmail Account for many other purposes in addition to sending and receiving the mail. You use your Gmail account to keep a list of contacts, your Passwords for different websites, your Google Map locations, login credentials and many more.
In such, loosing your Gmail Account is really painful. But, what if you could have a local backup of your Gmail Account on your local Computer which can be accessed whenever you want. You can actually save your Gmail data and contacts to your PC in order to access them on the go without internet connection.
Backup Gmail Data on Local computer to access offline.
You can download all data associated to your Gmail Account including your Contacts and login credentials. Google has an on board feature which allows you to download all your Google data to your local PC in form of files.
Let’s explore and make a local copy of all the Gmail data and contacts to local Hard Drive.
To Download Gmail backup on PC hard drive
- Go to Google account and login by entering login credential.
Click on your “Profile photo” on the Upper right corner of the Gmail Account and Click on “Google Account”.
- Click on “Data & Personalization” and scroll down.
- Click on “Download your Data“.
- Select the type of data your Want to download from your Goggle Account to your PC.
- Here select the options including download link of your Gmail Data you want to receive, Type of File(ZIP,RAR etc.) and Maximum size of a Single Download file.
- Finally Click on “Create Archive” to start. This will take a while depending on your data size.
- An “Archive in progress” message will be displayed on the screen.
- Click on “Download” button to download all your Gmail Data and save to your Local Computer.
This was a complete guide to create you Gmail Data backup using Google Account. You can use this data to access all your Google data on the go. Download and extract the data on your local computer and enjoy!!! For queries, suggestion and feedback fell free to comment below.