Windows 10 build 17686 (10.0.17686.1000) Redstone 5 Download
Windows 10 build 17686 is finally ready to roll-out exclusively for Fast Ring Insider members. The latest update comes with way more new feature and changes. stay tuned to download Windows 10 build 17686 (10.0.17686.1000) Redstone 5.
What is new in Windows 10 build 17686 (10.0.17686.1000) Redstone 5.
With new Windows 10 build 17686 (10.0.17686.1000) Redstone 5 update they have introduced all new regional page allowing user to override the Windows 10 default regional settings like: Calendar, First day of week, Time and date format including currency settings. User may go to settings App- Time & Language – Region and check it out.
There is a Local Experience patch with Microsoft store apps that bring up the all new display language quality improvements. To access them via the Settings App easily on the go. Click on Add a Windows display language with Local Experience Packs under Settings>App> Time & Language>Language.
Here you can enjoy Windows 10 in your preferred language by downloading the Local Experience Packs .
Improvements in privacy
In addition, there is a major update including the microphone disable feature, which let user decide whether they want to use the microphone of your device or not. It will display a pop-up notification whenever user attempts to use the microphone. This will let user know if the microphone is triggered by the user or any third party malware or spyware.
Other updates in Windows 10 build 17686 (10.0.17686.1000) Redstone 5
- This build no longer requires a physical monitor to be connected while running Mixed Reality in cases such as backpack PCs. Setting up WMR for the first time in Mixed Reality Portal and unlocking the PC on the sign in screen still, require a monitor to be connected initially. However, you can configure auto login to prevent needing to sign in for subsequent usage here. Using Windows Mixed Reality while standing requires setting up a room boundary.
- Apps running in Windows Mixed Reality can now make use of the Camera Capture UI API to capture images of the mixed reality world using the system capture experience. Try running Mail in the Cliff House and inserting an image from your camera in a new message to share an image of the scenic view.
Other Fixed issues in Windows 10 build 17686
- Fixed an issue where Word-Pad and Paint settings and recent files weren’t migrated during upgrades.
- Fixed an issue resulting in the “Replace or skip files” dialog having some unexpected dark elements in recent flights.
- Fixed an issue where the task-bar fly-outs (network, volume, etc) didn’t have a shadow.
- fixed an issue resulting in frequent bug checks on the previous build with CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED error. Settings > Gaming > Game DVR has been renamed “Captures“
- Fixed an issue where the Emoji Panel might not dismiss if you clicked somewhere else on the screen.
Known Issues in Windows 10 build 17686
- We’re working on adding dark theme in File Explorer and the Common File Dialog, but we still have some things to do. You may see some unexpectedly light colors in these surfaces when in dark mode.
- After update, Mixed Reality Portal will reinstall the Mixed Reality Software and environment settings will not be preserved. If you need your Mixed Reality home experience to persist, we recommend skipping this build until these issues are fixed.
- Some Insiders may find increased reliability and performance issues when launching Start on this build. We’re investigating.
- Fonts acquired from Microsoft Store may not work in some apps.
- When you upgrade to this build you’ll find that the task bar fly-outs (network, volume, etc) no longer have an acrylic background.
There is a bug in this build (and in Build 17682) that will impact driver testing scenarios. When executing HLK Component/Device driver tests, you may experience a bug check that blocks test execution. We are aware of the issue and actively working on a fix.
- If you install any of the recent builds from the Fast ring and switch to the Slow ring – optional content such as enabling developer mode will fail. You will have to remain in the Fast ring to add/install/enable optional content. This is because optional content will only install on builds approved for specific rings. There has not yet been a RS5 build released to the Slow ring.
Known issues for Sets & Office
Sets UX for Office Win32 desktop apps is not final. The experience will be refined over time based on feedback.
- The top of some Win 32 desktop app windows may appear slightly underneath the tab bar when created maximized. To work around the issue, restore and re-maximize the window.
- Closing one tab may sometimes minimize the entire set.
- Tiling and cascading windows, including features like “View Side by Side” in Word, will not work for inactive tabs.
- The Office Visual Basic Editor window will currently be tabbed but is not intended to be in the future.
- Opening an Office document while the same app has an existing document open may cause an unintended switch to the last active document. This will also happen when closing a sheet in Excel while other sheets remain open.
- Local files or non-Microsoft cloud files will not be automatically restored, and no error message will be provided to alert the user to that fact.
Conclusion :Microsoft is now testing Windows 10 build 17686 internally. The new Redstone 5 build was compiled on June 1, 2018. Windows Insider team might roll out build 17686 this week to Fast Ring Insiders members.