- I’m trying to add the Rapid Interface Builder extension to chrome using the rib.crx file but Chrome simply denies to add the extension in the browser saying Apps, Extensions and Scripts Cannot Be Added From This Website.
- Can’t integrate IDM extension to chrome even after manually adding the IDM “Idmgcext.crx” extension.
- Unable to download Video from web browser using IDM as the Download bar is not visible.
These are some example of some common issue users face while trying to install IDM extension on chrome. I was actually in the same boat and Google was even unable to give a working solution. I decided to give one night to this IDM and solve the problem. Surprisingly I got the solution , at least it worked for me on Windows 8 pc on Chrome 72.1.
Here are some common problem and their solutions regarding integrating IDM -Internet Download Manager to Google Chrome Browser.
How to add IDM extension to Chrome manually
If you are unable to add the IDM extension to Chrome manually and get the error “Apps, Extensions and Scripts Cannot Be Added From This Website” then this method will work for you. This method explains to add the IDm extesion files IDMGCExt.crx in the Chrome browser by enabling developer mode in chrome. follow the steps below to add the IDM extension.
This method includes extracting “Idmgcext.crx” to a folder and adding it manually by drag-drop to Chrome browser.
Extracting “Idmgcext.crx” to add to Chrome Manually
- Browse to “C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Download Manager”.
- Search for “IDMGCExt.crx”( IDM Extension file).
- Open any ZIP extractor -I recommend WinRAR. You can download WinRAR from here Download WinRAR.
- Now browse the IDM installed folder and select all files in drop-down bar (as explained in step 1).
- Open the “IDMGCExt.crx” file and extract the file in a folder. The file will be extracted in the “C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Download Manager\IDMGCExt” in this example.
- Now we are done with the extraction of Extension file. Next step will explain the process to add extracted file to Chrome Manually.
Integrating IDM Extension to Chrome Manually
- Open Chrome Extension by going to more tools by click three vertical line called hamburger. You can simply click here chrome://extensions/
- 4 Tips to Boost Google Chrome Speed
- Recover Deleted Chrome History on Windows and MAC[Solved]
- Backup Export and Restore Chrome History and Cookies
- Chromium vs Chrome Browser, Which one is Better?]
- Turn on Developer mode by sliding the blue button to right.
- Now Click on “Load Unpacked“.
- Browse the folder and select the entire folder.
Bingo!! Now you IDM is Successfully integrated to Google Chrome and Ready to download video,files and many more.
- Install Chrome Extension on Android and iOS
- Export Chrome Extension, Password and Bookmarks[Working]
- Export Chrome Password To PC |Save Google Chrome Password in File
- Save Web Page and Website as PDF